The Volcano Blew!

Well ... I knew this day was coming.  The day the volcano blew!  (Explained in more detail in this post.)  And so I think I'll be taking some time off from writing, maybe just adding a few small posts here and there.  I'm not sure when I'll get back to writing, but I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season.  Take care and God bless!


[Thank you to Tim from Trader Joe's, for holding me while I sobbed uncontrollably in the check-out line, pouring my pain out to you.  And for praying for me in the parking lot.  Your kindness and emotional support during my breakdown probably saved me from another panic attack.  Thank you!  (I really hope I didn't end up on YouTube somewhere, recorded on someone's phone, balling my eyes out in the store.)]



Several great sermons from Tony Evans, just because I need them:



A few songs that help keep my faith up:

I AM by Crowder  (One of my favorite scenes in this song is at the 2:34 minute mark, when one of the disciples is laying on the floor crying, reaching out to a battered Jesus who's lying near him.  Oh, how I've felt that way so many times these past years, especially now.  Life has repeatedly beaten me down, and I'm laying on the floor crying, doing the only thing I can do - reaching out for the Lord who is nearby - even if it doesn't feel like it - during the painful trials, just hoping and praying to be able to touch Him with the tip of my finger to feel His presence and know that He is there.  Reaching out for the Lord while you're in pain - sometimes that's all you can do.  (And praising Him, of course.)  And sometimes that has to be enough.)

Oh, What Love by City Harmonic  (One of my all-time favorite songs.  Always makes me cry.)     

We Believe by Newsboys  (Such great truths that need to be remembered, especially in the hard times.  It's critical to remember that the Bible's truths trump our feelings and fears.  That the Bible's truths will outlast our feelings and fears.  Someday He's coming back again, and He will right all wrongs, make all bad things beautiful, and heal all hurts.  And that's a truth I cling to.)

Hallelujah Christmas by Cloverton  (A wonderful, encouraging song any time of year!)

Burn the Ships by For King and Country  (There will come a day when it's time to stop crying, to pick yourself up off the floor, dust yourself off, put the past behind you, and move forward.  Someday, for whatever trials we're in, there will come a day to "burn the ships."  For the backstory to this song, click here.)

In The Sky by Bob Carlisle, Russ Lee, and Ashley Cleveland  (I am so longing for this day!  Waiting for the Lord's return.  It's what helps keep me going.)

Praise the Lord by City Harmonic  (No matter what you're going through - good or the bad - this is critical to maintaining your faith, to staying near to the Lord, and to keeping evil away as much as possible.  Praise the Lord.  No matter what.  You might not be able to fix the problems that are coming your way, but you can turn the problems into "sacred ground," into a springboard for praise.  You can't choose the hand you're dealt, but you can choose how to play your cards!)

(You can find more great songs in this post: My "When Anxiety Strikes" Playlist



And lastly, I just want to highlight a blog that I find so touching, so real and raw: Our Healing Moments.  This is a woman who has been to incredible depths of pain and heartache, who wrestles with God on very deep levels, and yet who still chooses to cling to Him, even when life hurts badly and God doesn't make sense.  I understand where she's coming from, and I can relate to it so much.  Thank you, Rina, for your beautiful heart and artwork, and for your bold, transparent honesty about your painful struggles.  Thank you for letting us see how you walk by faith, moment by moment, through a very painful life.  It makes me feel less alone in my struggles and heartache.   

Most Popular Posts of the Week:

My Panic Attack (repost)

Be Wary Of The Christian Post

Sermons by Tony Evans (repost)

Help for Anxiety, Depression, and Suicidal Thoughts

She hit the nail on the head! Amen, come, Lord Jesus!

My Favorite Live Bird Cams (and a few others too)

Should "Satan" Be Capitalized?

For my new friend who's struggling:

Calvinist Hogwash #4 (hell and justice)

Two inspiring testimonies: Jim and Rob