Napoleon's Comment about Jesus

 I love this quote from Napoleon:

"Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I have founded empires.  But on what did we rest the creations of our genius?  Upon force.  Jesus Christ founded his empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for him." 


Sadly, I think many Christians are more willing to die for Him than to really live for Him.  Dying for Him is usually theoretical, but living for Him would require a lot of actual, real-life changes.

Will you be counted among the faithful ones?  The ones willing to die for Him and live for Him?


I know I share these songs often, but they're worth it:  Oh, What Love and Sweetly Broken.  

And how about one more: Fearless.

(repost)

Most Popular Posts of the Week:

My "When Anxiety Strikes" Playlist

"Toxic Femininity"

Updated: Alana L. 5Q (robots)

Anti-Calvinism Links

List of Calvinist Preachers, Authors, Theologians, Websites, etc.

#2: Embracing Hope, Jan. 2016 (repost)

The Evans Family Discusses Faith and Loss

How Can Calvinists Say "God Causes ALL Things, But He's Not The Cause Of Sin"?

"Bring me pain, Lord, if it brings You glory!"

Leaving Calvinism: Steven Hitchcock