First Justin Bieber, Then Kanye West, Next up... Shia Labeouf

I don't follow celebrity news or even really watch television.  (We don't have cable or anything like that; we still only get basic channels but we barely watch them.)  But if I hear of a celebrity who's struggling deeply, I don't just snicker or scoff.  I pray for them.  

I know what it's like to hurt and struggle.  And I know that the only real answer is Jesus Christ.  And so when I hear of a hurting, lost celebrity, I pray that God puts His truth clearly in their paths, that He puts people in their lives to share the Gospel with them, that He opens their eyes to their need for Him, and that He surrounds them with His heavenly angels to keep evil away from them so that they can see His Truth, feel His love, and hear His call to draw near to Him, to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior and find healing in Him.

Among others, I've prayed for Justin Bieber.  I've prayed for Kanye West.  (It's amazing to hear Kim talk about how Kanye has come to faith in Christ.  And it's amazing to hear her boldly say the name "Christ" and to use the word "Christian" without shrinking back.  Way to go, Kim!  And God bless you and Kanye both and continue to guide you in truth!  See this article.)  

And now, I would ask fellow Christians to say a prayer for Shia Labeouf.  I don't know much about him and I don't know how he's doing currently, but I've always had the feeling that he is hurting deeply and that he's lost and struggling.  He needs the Lord.  Say a prayer for him, if you will.  It will only take a moment for you, but it might make an eternal difference for him.


[And I've prayed for Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner, and Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, too, among others.  It's so sad to me that both those couple broke up and that both of the men, from what I hear, have struggled with alcohol.  Seeing the hold that alcohol has had on my mother, I can imagine how in need of prayer they must be too.  

When you hear of a celebrity who's struggling, don't scoff.  Pray.  They are human and hurt deeply, too.  The difference is they have to do it in the public's condemning eye, in front of those who like to mock and make a spectacle of the pain and struggles these celebrities are going through.  Shame on us.  Really.  Shame on us.]

Most Popular Posts of the Week:

My Panic Attack (repost)

Be Wary Of The Christian Post

Sermons by Tony Evans (repost)

Help for Anxiety, Depression, and Suicidal Thoughts

Spiritual Warfare: Satan's Schemes #9 (bitterness, unforgiveness)

She hit the nail on the head! Amen, come, Lord Jesus!

Is Yoga Ok For Christians? (Here's a hint: It's not!)

Anti-Calvinism Memes and Links

"Becoming a Christian" and "Steve McQueen's Christian Testimony"

Calvinist pastor pulls back the curtain on Easter morning, ruining childhoods everywhere