Napoleon's view of Jesus

I love this quote from Napoleon about Jesus:

"Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I have founded empires.  But on what did we rest the creations of our genius?  Upon force.  Jesus Christ founded his empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for him."  (link)

Sadly, I think many Christians are more willing to die for Him than to really live for Him.  Dying for Him is usually theoretical, but living for Him would require a lot of actual, real-life changes.

Will you be counted among the faithful ones?  The ones willing to die for Him and live for Him?


Most Popular Posts of the Week:

List of Calvinist Preachers, Authors, Theologians, Websites, etc.

Updated: Alana L. 5Q (robots)

Destroying Calvinism in 28 Easy Steps (tiny version)

Links to "Some Carman Songs for Halloween" and Posts on Spiritual Warfare

The Holy Spirit and "Dead People"

#2: Embracing Hope, Jan. 2016 (repost)

"Are Calvinists Saved?"

"Bring me pain, Lord, if it brings You glory!"

Though they have eyes, they will not see

Why Are Christians Apologizing For The Truth?