Napoleon's view of Jesus

I love this quote from Napoleon about Jesus:

"Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I have founded empires.  But on what did we rest the creations of our genius?  Upon force.  Jesus Christ founded his empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for him."  (link)

Sadly, I think many Christians are more willing to die for Him than to really live for Him.  Dying for Him is usually theoretical, but living for Him would require a lot of actual, real-life changes.

Will you be counted among the faithful ones?  The ones willing to die for Him and live for Him?


I know I share these songs often, but they're worth it:  Oh, What Love and Sweetly Broken.  

And how about one more ... Fearless.



Most Popular Posts of the Week:

Calvinist Hogwash #4 (hell and justice)

She hit the nail on the head! Amen, come, Lord Jesus!

Feminism Nonsense (repost)

Be Wary Of The Christian Post

I do hereby apologize ...

Sermons by Tony Evans (repost)

A Must-Watch Debate (and a funny conspiracy)

God's Greatest Priority (and why there's a hell)

Tony Evans Preaches on Prayer and God's Will

An Overview of World Religions