The Case for Christ


If you haven’t seen The Case for Christ, the movie based on Lee Strobel’s life, you should see it.  It’s good.  It’s about his journey to Christ, from being an atheist who was very skeptical about Christianity and who only responded to “facts” to finally finding the evidence for Christ so overwhelming that he couldn’t help but believe.

What I liked about it was the two different ways that we see him and his wife come to Christ.  She came to Christ through her emotions, through the pull on her heart, as though she knew it was the truth without needing the facts first.  But he came to Christ through his mind, through researching the facts about Christ’s death and resurrection and the validity of the Bible.

One was led by their heart, and one was led by their mind.

I love that.  I love that God has different ways of reaching different people, based on our personalities.  I love that we can find Him through our heart and emotions, and I love that we can find Him through facts and reasoning.

I have always found it interesting to hear about someone’s salvation story, about what led them to finally believe in God, to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior, and how it changed their life.

Mine is quite simple and uneventful.  My mom had been searching for awhile for God.  I was in a Catholic school and we were attending a Jehovah’s Witness church (cult).  But she knew there was more out there.  And so we ended up at a Bible-based church of some kind, and she sent me to a Christian camp when I was 11.  While I was there, I heard the message of the Gospel and then the speaker gave an “altar call,” a call to come to the front and kneel if you want to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior.  And I guess I just knew that it was all real.  And I wanted it.  And so, without even really thinking about it, I rose to my feet and walked to the front.  And that was it!

But since then, I have been driven to have solid, rational answers for why I believe in Christ and why I don’t believe in other religions or atheism.  So I have spent time researching other religions and what they offer and researching Christianity and the validity of the Bible and the events of the Bible.  And in doing so, my faith has only grown more solid.  It’s only confirmed my faith more. 

For me, it’s Jesus or nothing!  He alone has the words of life and truth and true hope!



Most Popular Posts of the Week:

She hit the nail on the head! Amen, come, Lord Jesus!

Calvinist Hogwash #4 (hell and justice)

Feminism Nonsense (repost)

I do hereby apologize ...

Be Wary Of The Christian Post

Sermons by Tony Evans (repost)

A Must-Watch Debate (and a funny conspiracy)

God's Greatest Priority (and why there's a hell)

Tony Evans Preaches on Prayer and God's Will

"Understanding God's Will" Synopsis