Why I Respect The Rainbow!

As a Christian, I respect and am thankful for the rainbow!

Because without it, God would have surely sent another flood to wipe this place clean!

"And God said, '... I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.  Whenever I bring the clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant ... Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life."  (Genesis 9:12-15)

I find it so ironic that people turned the rainbow into the symbol of flagrant rebellion against God.  Because flagrant rebellion is what caused the need for the rainbow in the first place.  

The rainbow is not the symbol of gay pride.  It is God's promise to never again destroy rebellious mankind with a flood.  

When we see the rainbow, we should be thankful.  Because when God's sees the rainbow, He's reminding Himself of His promise to never again wipe out humanity with a world-wide flood, no matter how much He might want to do it.

And when we see the rainbow, we should be humbled.  Because we deserve the flood!  And that rainbow - that promise - is what keeps Him from sending one.


(I know people have dubbed June as "Gay Pride Month."  Well, I'm going to call it "Not Ashamed of the Gospel Month.")

Most Popular Posts of the Week:

My Panic Attack (repost)

Be Wary Of The Christian Post

Sermons by Tony Evans (repost)

Help for Anxiety, Depression, and Suicidal Thoughts

Calvinist pastor pulls back the curtain on Easter morning, ruining childhoods everywhere

She hit the nail on the head! Amen, come, Lord Jesus!

For my new friend who's struggling:

Spiritual Warfare: Satan's Schemes #9 (bitterness, unforgiveness)

Is Yoga Ok For Christians? (Here's a hint: It's not!)

Is God Drawing Lines in the Sand?