What does "Women's Reproductive Rights" really mean?

When women fight for their "reproductive rights," what they're really saying is this:  "We want the right to sleep with whomever we want, whenever we want, without having to face the consequences of our choices.  And we want the right to have everyone else pay for our expenses."

But I say that a woman's reproductive right is this:  You have the right to keep your legs closed, to say "no" to random sex, and to not take the chance of getting pregnant in the first place.  You have the right to get married and create a family within the safe bounds of a committed relationship.  And if you still get pregnant even when you didn't want to, you have the right to keep the baby or give it up for adoption.



"But," you say, "I have the right to do what I want with my body."

"Well," I say, "a baby is not a part of your body."  

Trust me, I know.  I've had four kids myself.  And never once did the doctor proclaim, "Oh my gosh, a huge chunk of you just fell out!" when the baby was born.  



Take responsibility for your decisions, women!  You do not have the right to punish the baby for your mistakes.  You do not have the right to have everyone else pay the expenses for you to sleep around.  

You have the right to do the mature, responsible thing.  

And don't have sex until you're ready to be mature and responsible and to accept the consequences of your actions.



When my mom got pregnant with me at almost nineteen years old, she was fresh out of an orphanage and living on her own with no family to lean on.  And she thought about aborting me.  I'm sure it would have been the easiest thing to do.

But I'm glad she didn't.  

I'm glad she chose the more responsible thing to do (letting me live and raising me), even if it was more difficult for her.  And I'm sure my husband is glad, too.  And my children.  

Was my right to live based on whether I was convenient or not?



I was not a piece of my mom's body.  I was not disposable.  My value wasn't based on whether or not I was wanted or convenient or planned.  I was never less than human.  

I am my own self.  Human and valuable from the moment of conception. 

And I am here because my mom took responsibility for her actions.

Thank you, Mom!  I know it wasn't easy, but thank you!  And if they knew about it, your four grandsons would thank you and their future wives would thank you and their future children would thank you!

Thank you!  


[And check out this little girl who was born at such an early point in the pregnancy that many pro-abortionists would consider her "not human enough, still abortable."  Even in that tiny body, at that tiny age, she was still fully human and worth fighting for.  

How sad for those whose mothers didn't consider them human enough to let them live!]


Also read  God is love, but love is NOT a god!

Most Popular Posts of the Week:

My Panic Attack (repost)

Be Wary Of The Christian Post

Sermons by Tony Evans (repost)

Help for Anxiety, Depression, and Suicidal Thoughts

Spiritual Warfare: Satan's Schemes #9 (bitterness, unforgiveness)

She hit the nail on the head! Amen, come, Lord Jesus!

My Favorite Live Bird Cams (and a few others too)

Should "Satan" Be Capitalized?

Calvinist Hogwash #4 (hell and justice)

Two inspiring testimonies: Jim and Rob