Point #5 still (updated): Q: "Sovereign, sovereign, sovereign, sovereign." Robots? As I said in the last post, I believe that God gave us free-will and an awful lot of room to make real decisions that affect things - because He wanted real people, real relationships, not robots. "Oh, but we don't think people are robots controlled by God," says the Calvinist. Oh, really? Then I must have misunderstood: John Calvin ( Institutes of the Christian Religion, book 1, chapters 16-17, bold added in all quotes ): " ... the counsels and wills of men are so governed as to move exactly in the course which he has destined .... the devil, and the whole train of the ungodly...[cannot do any evil or even move a finger] unless in so far as [God] permits - nay, unless in so far as he commands . " John Calvin ( Concerning the Eternal Predestination of God ): “ ... how foolish and frail [it...
(reposted from my other blog) I’ve read a lot of things lately where Christian people won’t capitalize the name “Satan.” They say it’s because they don’t want to give him that much credit or attention. And while I can appreciate that sentiment, why do I still capitalize his name? Because the inspired Word of God does. "Satan" is a name, not an adjective or a common noun. But a name. And names get capitalized. And so if the Bible capitalizes his name, identifying him as an actual being, who am I to act like I know better? One author in particular said he barely talks about Satan because he doesn’t want to focus on him in any way. He doesn’t want to give Satan that much “air-time.” ...
Amen to this: Can We Talk About Toxic Femininity? (If that link doesn't work, try this: https://www.dailywire.com/news/mcallister-can-we-talk-about-toxic-femininity-denise-c-mcallister ) Fair is fair! And it's about time people start talking about this. I am so sick of the "toxic feminism" that's out there, doing so much damage to our country, families, relationships, laws, etc. And now it's seeking to destroy men and boys, to make them ashamed to be men, to feminize them. So I am happy to see more and more people calling out women - feminism - for the problems they're causing. In so many ways, feminists need to just sit down and shut up! Before they tear our country apart! Instead of seeing men become more feminine, I'd rather see men "man up." To all the good men out there: I like and respect you for the men you are! Don't let the girls bully you! Sometimes satire says it best: Striking Blow Against To...
In the post "Getting through the 'broken' times," I said that I had made a CD to listen to when anxiety hits. It has some of my favorite Christian songs on it. Here are as many of the songs as I could find online, plus some extra. Listen to some of them when anxiety threatens you. It really does help to hear godly truths spoken out loud (and to speak them out loud yourself). And personally, I think godly music helps repel evil, giving you some extra spiritual protection when you are most vulnerable. They don't like to hear God being praised and Truth being sung! (FYI: Videos are constantly being removed from online. So if the video is no longer available, type in the name and artist and see if you can find it. I simply can't keep up with replacing links.) From The City Harmonic: Love, Heal Me - The song that inspired the title of one of my blogs, Love, Heal Me - my heart's cry for the past year. Fell Apart - One...
On Godtube, I just watched this touching testimony from Alexa PenaVega (she's in my favorite Christian movies of all time, Do You Believe? , and one of my favorite TV shows, The Middle ). I had no clue she had gone through such a tragic loss in her life (in 2024, I think) - the death of her newborn baby. Heartbreaking! I haven't experienced the same kind of loss she did, but I totally appreciate that she's sharing her story, from a heart full of faith. May God bless her and use her story to encourage others who've gone through loss, too. [One thing that caught my attention is that she quoted a verse - one verse - and it happened to be one (of about 5) that I had just written down shortly before I watched her video. Out of all the verses in the Bible, I encounter the same one twice within a couple hours... coincidence? I know that it's a verse I need... and maybe someone else out there needs it too: "I will refresh the weary and satisfy th...
7. A self-proclaimed 10-point Calvinist (I guess being a 7-point Calvinist is so last year!) says (from the post “Are Calvinist’s Rebukes Rational?” ) : “You ask: ‘Why do self-proclaimed Calvinists, like John MacArthur, rebuke others, like Beth Moore, and express disapproval and indignation against that which they believe God has unchangeably brought to pass for His own self-glorification?’ Simple answer (and this long article could have been concluded with it quickly): Because they believe their rebukes and expressions of concern are also ordained by God and glorifying to Him. They do not separate the two. As Calvinists, they love to glorify God and do what pleases Him. Next …” [My note: If Calvinists can trap you with "Everything glorifies God, even sin and evil," then they can get you to agree with their idea that a good God can cause evil. Because, after all, "He does everything for His glory! He is the Potter and we are the clay....
This series is loosely based on this 14-minute video from Alana L.: 5 Signs Your Loved One is Becoming a Calvinist Point #5 : (Update: I totally redid Points #5 and #6 on my other blog, but instead of changing the already-published posts on this blog, I am adding them after this series as it is. Look under the "Alana L." label for the "updated" versions of these posts, numbered 5K-6Y, plus Z/Conclusion. They'll be published between December 2025 and Summer 2026. ) K. "Sovereign, sovereign, sovereign, sovereign." Hahaha, Alana nailed this one! And as she said, "What many new Calvinists don't understand, and what they'll learn little by little by little - because if they were told this in the beginning they probably would catch on a little too quick and not follow the path [Bingo!!! She hit the bulls-eye!] - sovereign is not just a word that means 'supreme ruler' in Calvinism [as ...
Understanding God's Will #8: (I am combining three posts - 8a, 8b, 8c - into one post here.) 8a. If praying for God’s Will is necessary, then do I have to know the specifics of what to ask for? How do we pray so that His Will gets done? (This is just some of my own thoughts and advice on prayer.) I think that it’s okay to ask for certain things and to make specific requests, but I also think that God doesn’t always need us to know exactly what to ask for. Because it’s not always about how we want Him to act or answer. God knows the best course of action, so we don’t have to have the details all ironed out before we pray. But we do need to pray. We need to share our concerns with Him and give them over to Him, to be transparent and authentic with Him, to confess our sins, to honestly share our wants and needs, to be sensitive to the Spirit, and to ask for His providence, His wisdom, and...
This is the last half of the post "What's The Best Way To Make People Agree With Your Calvinist Views." But I put it here in its own post so that it's easier to find. These are some links to posts which are against Calvinism, the belief that the Bible teaches God has predetermined from the beginning of time who goes to heaven and who goes to hell. It's no secret from my writing that I strongly disagree with this view. I believe the Bible clearly teaches that God offers us all salvation, that Jesus's death paid for everyone's sins, and that we have to decide if we will accept Him or reject Him. And here is some of what others have to say about Calvinism: (FYI, I haven't read everything in all of these yet and I don't necessarily agree with every point they make, but I needed to link to them before I lost them online. And for the record, I came to my belief about what the Bible says by reading the Bible, not extra-biblical books or articles...
In a recent Reddit Reformed post, a Calvinist celebrates the birth and dedication of another wretched, depraved, hell-bound viper-in-a-diaper wonderful little innocent baby ! Of course, I myself believe that babies are wonderful little innocent blessings from God, and so I celebrate the birth of all babies and congratulate parents on baby dedications. But I can... because I'm not a Calvinist. Calvinists, however, hmm? I know they truly love their children and praise God for them, feeling like they are (I hope) blessings and sweet little bundles of joy. But I wonder if Calvinist parents have ever read these quotes of Calvinists' own views and teachings about babies and young children. (I've already shared many of these before, but a bunch are new.) Because if they did, then maybe they wouldn't be so quick to view them as sweet little bundles of joy, but more like evil little bundles of depravity. Maybe they wouldn't be so quick to praise the Lord for that...